Thursday, December 20, 2012

I Got Myself a Gift for Christmas!

Today, 21 December 2012, according to the Mayan Calendar is the end of the world. I don't subscribe to that prophecy. I still believe that no one on Earth knows when is the end. If I remember correctly, according to my Religion teacher, not even the Son, knows when. However, I also do not dismiss the idea of its possibility.

As I look around and observe, Life runs on a regular basis today. As I write this, I just finished my Longanisa breakfast with egg plus hot chocolate at Jollibee east. As a matter of fact, nothing has significantly changed. PUJ's, taxi cabs, private cars are passing by with loads of passengers. The sky is dominantly blue with traces of cotton-like clouds. The sun is up. I carefully look at people's faces, I see no fear or anxiety at all. Oh, today is a good day just like yesterday.

Last night, I got myself a gift for Christmas! It is very beautiful. I acted like a kid when the barista handed it to me. Oh, not really. I was able to contain my joy and excitement. How I would have wanted to jump for joy, but that would mean public scandal, so I just carefully placed it inside my bag. Then I transferred to a more private place at Cafe Olio inside Westown Hotel in San Juan. So there, I did all things that I cannot do in Starbucks. I took a photo before I tore the the plastic. I smiled. Then I carefully flip the first page, read the print, flip some pages more, take pictures, and smile a lot. My newest toy. My happiness.







No comments: